Question Syntaxis Problem

Miich13

Programming Experience
3-5
I get syntaxis error when I try to debug this piece of code:

VB.NET:
OleDbConnectionNew.Open()
                Dim cmd As New OleDb.OleDbCommand("INSERT INTO AccountDetails(AccountDetails.Username, AccountDetails.Surname, AccountDetails.Name, AccountDetails.Street, AccountDetails.Streetnumber, AccountDetails.ZIP code, AccountDetails.City, AccountDetails.Country, AccountDetails.Password, AccountDetails.Secret question, AccountDetails.Secret question answer, AccountDetails.Geactiveerd) VALUES(@Username,@Surname,@Name,@Street,@Streetnumber,@Zip code,@City,@Country,@Password,@Secret question,@Secret question answer,'False')", OleDbConnectionNew)
                cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Username", txtUsername.Text)
                cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Surname", txtSurname.Text)
                cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Name", txtName.Text)
                cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Street", txtStreet.Text)
                cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Streetnumber", txtStreetNumber.Text)
                cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Zip code", txtZipCode.Text)
                cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@City", txtCity.Text)
                cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Country", cboCountry.SelectedItem.ToString)
                cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Password", txtPassword.Text)
                cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Secret question", cboSecretQuestion.SelectedItem.ToString)
                cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Secret question answer", txtSecretQuestionAnswer.Text)
                cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()

Can anyone help me?

error : The instruction INSERT INTO has a syntaxiserror.

Grtzz

Look at your field names, and your parameter names. I am nearly 100% sure that parameter names cannot have spaces in them, and if your field names are genuinely called that, then you will need to find a method of encapsulating the names in quotes.

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply.

I did change my column names in the database so there aren't spaces anymore but I still get an error message

my code is now:

VB.NET:
 Dim cmd As New OleDb.OleDbCommand("INSERT INTO AccountDetails(Username,Surname,Name,Street,Streetnumber,ZIP_code,City,Country,Password,Secret_question,Secret_question_answer,Geactiveerd) VALUES(@Username,@Surname,@Name,@Street,@Streetnumber,@Zip_code,@City,@Country,@Password,@Secret_question,@Secret_question_answer,@Geactiveerd)", OleDbConnectionNew)
                cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Username", txtUsername.Text)
                cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Surname", txtSurname.Text)
                cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Name", txtName.Text)
                cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Street", txtStreet.Text)
                cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Streetnumber", txtStreetNumber.Text)
                cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Zip_code", txtZipCode.Text)
                cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@City", txtCity.Text)
                cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Country", cboCountry.SelectedItem.ToString)
                cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Password", txtPassword.Text)
                cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Secret_question", cboSecretQuestion.SelectedItem.ToString)
                cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Secret_question_answer", txtSecretQuestionAnswer.Text)
                cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Geactiveerd", "False")
                cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()

I don't need to add my primaire key of my table to the parameters do I?

Grtzz
Miich

No, you dont add primary key.

What type of database are you using?

Back