Strong Naming an Assembly of a web site

GrexD

Programming Experience
Beginner
Has anyone done this: String Named Their Assembly. I've read on-line and in the help files for 6 hours straight and I am no where closer to getting this. It seems that every 6 months I run up against one of these types of things with VB.net and the .Net Framework. I read on line and find dozens of people who get the same exact error. Most of the threads are never resolved and the ones that seem to resolve the issue do it in a way that doesn't work for ever one else. It is really absurd.

My web site runs fine in debug mode on my computer (local host). It loads in FireFox and runs fine. When I post it to my web site I get the error below. I try to "Strong Name The Assembly" with the command line command "aspnet_compiler -v \default.aspx X:\NetProjects\HumMPI -keyfile X:\NetProjects\HumMPI\keypair.snk -aptca"

\Default.aspx is what fails. This should be the virtual folder of my web app. Obviously "\Default.aspx" is not right. I have tried 42 variations on what I think the virtual path to my web app might be. Every single time the compiler fails telling me that it is not a valid path.

I'm moving in to week two of trying to get a simple "Hello world" web app to load on my web site. It runs perfect on my development machine but generates constant errors on the web site. Each time I fix a problem that only happens on the web site another one crops up with even the slightest cahnge - or sometimes even NO change to the code.

[SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers.]
_Default.form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6785
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +242
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +80
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
ASP.default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +37
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Back