strings

skaryChinezeGuie

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am making an HTML code generator and need to display text in a textbox that has quotations but when i tried it errored out.

VB.NET:
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Private[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] Button1_Click([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]ByVal[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] System.Object, [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]ByVal[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] e [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] System.EventArgs) [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Handles[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] Button1.Click
TextBox1.Text = "<marquee behavior="[B][COLOR=red][U]scroll" direction="down" "[/U][/COLOR][/B]
[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]End[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

here it is

here it is. but i tried to send it to some friends in class and they said it showed up as a virus. But all it does is generate HTML code in a textbox. Whats up with that? And where did my post titled "Why is my program seen as a virus" go. and why wasn't i notified?

Last edited by a moderator:
You were not notified cuz when you was attaching the file it was not virus scaned. While when your friends have tried to download it the email AV (probably hotmail or yahoo) have scaned the file looking for viruses. Notice that this kind of AV's are seeing all binaries as viruses. That's why you were not notified ;)

skaryChinezeGuie, your compiled exe attachment in previous post was removed. Posting such is bad practise! What if all the application did was "Format c:" ? A virus scanner wouldn't say that is a virus, but still that would be malicious code. Don't do that again.

I could be something else, deleting some files, making any kind of damage that is not defined as a public virus signature, my point was made clear i think.

Oh, it was a joke, now I see, hahahah, very funny in fact, the refusing operating system :)

I will take your suggestion and don't think the worst again. Thank you :)

Back