Status bar with Labels

lpaul

Programming Experience
Beginner
I have a status bar on a form and four labels above each panel. I need help with coding the labels to move (resize) with the statusbar panels. :confused:

jmcilhinney said:
He has a StatusBar at the bottom of the form with several StatusBarPanels. Above that, on the form surface (not in front of, as in z-order, but vertically above) he has the same number of Labels as StatusBarPanels. He wants each Label to relocate and/or resize to remain in the same position relative to the corresponding StatusBarPanel.

Oh i see now thanks John

ok, Paul give me some time and i'll make a demo for you ;)

I am afraid i still don't get it ... it seems like an unique idea :D
However i hope you will find some sense for further coding. Ask whatever you want but next time care to be more precisely please

Regards ;)

Note: this work only when you resize the form and i think you need to set up the statusparpanel's autosize property to "content" and change the label's size respectively

Attachments

• statusbarpanels.zip
    27.1 KB · Views: 36
This will keep the Labels sized and aligned with the corresponding StatusBarPanels. You would also need to call the SetLabelLocations method whenever the Text of a StatusBarPanel was changed, but it would have to be done manually as there is no TextChanged event for the StatusBarPanel class.
VB.NET:
    Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        Me.SetLabelLocations()
    End Sub

Private Sub Form1_Resize(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Resize
        Me.SetLabelLocations()
    End Sub

Private Sub SetLabelLocations()
        Me.Label1.Left = 0
        Me.Label1.Width = Me.StatusBarPanel1.Width
        Me.Label2.Left = Me.Label1.Right
        Me.Label2.Width = Me.StatusBarPanel2.Width
        Me.Label3.Left = Me.Label2.Right
        Me.Label3.Width = Me.StatusBarPanel3.Width
        Me.Label4.Left = Me.Label3.Right
        Me.Label4.Width = Me.StatusBarPanel4.Width
    End Sub

Attachments

• StatusBarLabels.JPG
    StatusBarLabels.JPG
    7.7 KB · Views: 65
For those who were lazy to open my attachment this is the code i made there:
VB.NET:
[SIZE=2]Label1.Size = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]New[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] Size([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].StatusBar1.Panels.Item(0).Width, 20)
Label2.Size = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]New[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] Size([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].StatusBar1.Panels.Item(1).Width, 20)
Label2.Left = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].Label1.Width
Label3.Size = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]New[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] Size([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].StatusBar1.Panels.Item(2).Width, 20)
Label3.Left = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].Label1.Width + [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].Label2.Width
Label4.Size = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]New[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] Size([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].StatusBar1.Panels.Item(3).Width, 20)
Label4.Left = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].Label1.Width + [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].Label2.Width + [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].Label3.Width
[/SIZE]
the point is that there is always another way to acomplish the same task

Regards ;)

Back