SQL Replication question\advise...

lidds

Programming Experience
Beginner
I have set-up SQL Replication on a number of tables, these tables contain information that is required to run my application. The replication works perfectly, I am using Snapshot publication on these tables as the data is only modified in one location. The problem that I have is I have noticed that when the data is synchronised it seems to completely drop and rebuild the tables at each SQL subscription location. The problem that I have is if a users tries to launch my application at the same time that the replication process is happening, my application errors as it cannot even find the SQL table that the stored procedure should be using as the replication process has dropped it and is currently rebuilding.

How can I get around this? Am I doing something wrong, or should I be using a different replication method?

Any help and advise would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

I don't know much about Replication but, from an application perspective, you could simply catch the exception that occurs, wait for a short period of time and then try again. If it fails say three times then you could abort and report the issue to the user.

Back