Question Some times my title bar does not display contents or the buttons

groadsvb

Programming Experience
Beginner
I have a form that displays information about a call. There are lots of controls on the form that displays the call information. Sometimes when a user launches a call form the Title bar does not display. What is acutally behind that call form is in the title bar, so when I move the form that part of the image goes with the title bar. This happens especially if the user changes the theme on the computer. Is there a way to repaint/redraw the title bar after when the form is made visible? I am not sure if that is what I need to do. Has anyone experienced this before?

Are you doing any kind of processing on the main UI thread that might obstruct the appliations message loop?
Is the computer otherwise responsive when this happens?

Title bar not rendering its content.

Are you doing any kind of processing on the main UI thread that might obstruct the appliations message loop?
Is the computer otherwise responsive when this happens?

Thanks John for your reply. The form has a lot of controls and there is a lot happening. It displays rather quickly, less than a second, and is responsive dragging around immediately when I can grab it. I think I have a couple of approaches. Try to figure out why and correct it or try to make it redraw. I don't know what is the best solution right now. Any advice or experience relative to the problem is greatly appreciated. I guess it really does not need to mentioned it is in vb.net.

In general, if you can think of processing that now takes place in UI thread then you should move that processing to a secondary thread. Simplest option for Windows Forms is to use a BackgroundWorker component to do that work, but other multi-threading options may be better suited.

Title bar not rendering its content.

In general, if you can think of processing that now takes place in UI thread then you should move that processing to a secondary thread. Simplest option for Windows Forms is to use a BackgroundWorker component to do that work, but other multi-threading options may be better suited.

Hey JohnH:
I just noticed on a for that is having the problem that when it has finished rendering but with out the Title bar. I cannot grab the edges and stretch the form. Just more Information if anyone has had the experience.

That's a good indication you are blocking the UI thread.

Back