smtp client/server for password recovery, logins etc

trfc

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi all,

Just found this forum tonight so I hope I'm posting in the right place - I didn't see any other topics that seemed to relate to my problem.

Firstly, I'm a rookie with this stuff! I have a uni project I am in the middle of doing. It has been going well and my VS website is looking really good. I do however have a problem.

I cannot seem to set up the server to send emails. I have options in for members to recover their password, change password, etc. However, when the user fills in the boxes and clicks submit, an error screen comes up to do with the email/smtp. I have messed about with it for hours and got nowhere.

When I go to ASP.NET config web page to try and set the application smtp up that way it pre-selects 'Port 25'. My smtp I need the application to send emails through is smtp.wanadoo.co.uk. I am using language Visual C# (as required by university).

I have put the using System.Net.Mail; code into the .cs file of the relevant pages and I have tried numerous codes for sending emails in both the main document as well as the .cs page. I am going round in circles with it now yet I reckon its something incredibly simple I'm not doing!:(

Can anyone suggest anything please?

p.s. I am using Visual Studio 2005

If you're required to code C# you should find another forum site, here is VB.Net only, this is The Exclusive Visual Basic .Net community. Happy day! :)

Back