sms code

mars

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi

any body knows the code for sending sms from pc.
plz send me if one have

Regards
Mars

To my knowledge, most cell phones have their own email address within their service providers network (at least this is how tmobile does it), the email address for a phone would look something like this (for t-mobile):

10digitPhoneNumber@tmomail.net

Then once you have the email address for the phone you want to send the SMS to you would you the System.Web.Mail class to send an email to them. More info on System.Web.Mail can be found here

I know this way will work for phones with T-Mobile as a service provider, but I believe that most major providers use an email address for each phone as well. The way I figured it out was sent an SMS from my phone to my email and got the address that way. If anyone knows a better way to do this or knows that what I'm saying about the providers is wrong, feel free to correct me. My theory is based on one provider so I could be wrong.

to send sms from pc the hardcore way you'll need a cell phone attached to the pc via a serial cable. some can do it with usb but most have problem since the drivers tend to run low level code which makes usb to serial adaptor useless. this is rather difficult to do since you also need to encode the message and stuff.

the easy way is to go with some sms message gateway providers. they once you subscribe to them, all you got to do is call one of their method, pass in appropriate parameters and send it. in most cases they also have email to sms which allows you to send an email to their designated address and your message will be processed and sent out as an sms message.

quick and easy way to do this is like dgorka has said, send a short email to the 10 digit phone number.

Back