Question SMO & System.Data.Sql.SqlDataSourceEnumerator broken in Windows 10?

shawne

Programming Experience
10+
I have a dialog I wrote which is nothing more than a SQL server / database selector. It provides a graphical interface for a user to select their SQL server, database and authentication methods. Anyway, this worked fine prior to moving to Windows 10. Since moving to Windows 10 I'm unable to enumerate SQL servers using either SMO or System.Data.Sql.SqlDataSourceEnumerator. I've done some googling and have found where others have had the same issue but haven't seen a solution. I've tried changing .NET versions (currently on 4) and updating SMO. Nothing seems to work. What am I missing? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

VB.NET:
Dim instance As System.Data.Sql.SqlDataSourceEnumerator = System.Data.Sql.SqlDataSourceEnumerator.Instance
or
VB.NET:
SmoApplication.EnumAvailableSqlServers(False)

While the problem still exists for me in the "Microsoft Data Connection Dialog 1.2.0" (SQL servers are not found) having this dialog available allows me to ditch the one I created. I'd still like to know what is going on with not being able to enumerate SQL servers on Windows 10, but I'm not sure that it relates to VB or the framework. The below link provides information to a better data source dialog:

http://www.vbdotnetforums.com/gui/6...alog-boxes-constructing-data-connections.html

Back