Slight Problem with IDE

zekeman

Programming Experience
10+
Visual Studio IDE Bug:
Visual Studio 2005 Pro Ver 2.0.50727

When adding a Setup to an existing Project, after you get the 'Setupx' to show in the solution
explorer, right clicking on the 'setupx' and showing properties, shows a panel containing the
following: ( I will call it ****panel**** properties for lack of understanding )

Application...properties
compile.......dido
Debug.........dido
References....dido
etc...
The problem is that I don't want to see these '****panel***' properties, I want the other properties.

And the problem is similar to the old vb6 IDE that you can't show the properties of for example
a datagrid until you first show the properties of another control.

I want the properties to show me things like the 'Setup's':
Author
Description
Manufacturer

So to conclude, you need to first show the properties of something like a form and then
click on the 'setup1' to get the IDE to show you the 'non ***panel***' properties.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong and if so please let me know.

Umm.. i think youre talking about the Assembly Information

CLick the project menu (or if your solution has more than one project, right click the name of the project in the solution explorer) and choose Project Properties

A tabbed window appears with the following tabs:
Application
Compile
Debug
References
Resources
Settigns
Signing
Security
Publish

Click APplication

Click the Assembly Information button

-

If youre talking about a Setup project, for deployment etc, then you add a new project to your existing solution.. Make it a setup project and you see in the solution explorer a white window icon with a CD in the bottom right - this is a setup project.
When you left click this, the Properties panel fills with options you can set about the creator of the setup project

REMEBER! An application and its setup installer are two different things - the are different projects, just like a Windows Application and a Class Library are different project types. Its possible that I can write an app and you make the installer for it. That way it's my app, written by me and the assembly should have my name on it, but the setup routine is written by you and you can have it noted as being yours.

Play with the two options and you will see what I mean; VS.NET knows of the fact that not every person who generates an app also generates the installer for it, and vice versa

here is a pic of what i mean.. i nearly managed to getit all on one screen:

Attachments

• untitled.PNG
    untitled.PNG
    109.3 KB · Views: 52
Back