Question Show Gif animation for Status shower

nagaraj.muthu

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi Gurus,

how to show the Gif images in vb.net forms, and that gif images should be show only when the tool processing....... otherwise need to hide the gif images, so that the user may identified tool is under processing certain actions.

Please guide me the right way to do the task.

Regards,
Nagaraj

you could use this metiod " WebBrowser1.Navigate "C:\Internet\anim.gif" " and hide the scrollbars or even easier, add a PictureBox then select "Image" in the Properties and add your image, it should animate automatically,in the case of hiding it and showing "PictureBox1.Hide() and PictureBox1.Show()". hope this helps

Hi ProtekNickz

thanks for the reply... but i have one problem in this, i.e I placed the gif images using Picturebox, in default visible = false .. while application run time i change the properties visible = true, that time the images are show only static ( no animation). at the end of the program execution its animated....... What the reason this problem has occured.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nagaraj

It sounds like you are performing these calculations or whatever on the UI thread. The UI thread can't animate the GIF is it's busy doing other things. Do your other work on a secondary thread, using a BackgroundWorker or the like.

Back