Question Show Combo Box of Events in Code View

ProgrammerJohn

Programming Experience
5-10
All;

I am working in the VB form designer. I add a couple of controls and then I click View, Code or hit F7. The code window appears, but I don't have the combo boxes at the top that show the controls and the possible events. What have I done?

Thanks. John

Attachments

• MissingEvents.jpg
    MissingEvents.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 43
Is that VS 2015? I've recently installed it and didn't notice previously but it appears that that feature is not displayed by default. I guess they determined that it wasn't used by most people. You can display it easily from the Options dialogue. To be honest, you should already know that because you should have already looked through the entire Options dialogue to see what options are available. If someone who wants to build software can't use software then what hope is there for other computer users?

Anyway, select Options from the Tools menu, then check the box for Navigation Bar under the Text Editor > Basic node.

Is that VS 2015? I've recently installed it and didn't notice previously but it appears that that feature is not displayed by default. I guess they determined that it wasn't used by most people. You can display it easily from the Options dialogue. To be honest, you should already know that because you should have already looked through the entire Options dialogue to see what options are available. If someone who wants to build software can't use software then what hope is there for other computer users?

Anyway, select Options from the Tools menu, then check the box for Navigation Bar under the Text Editor > Basic node.

Well, so sorry to bother you with such a "stupid" question. I won't be back to this forum..

Well, so sorry to bother you with such a "stupid" question. I won't be back to this forum..
How do you think I found out how to change that feature? I did so by looking in the Options dialogue. Do you think I'm so much smarter than you that I can do that and you can't? I don't. Of course, you can choose to get all bent out of shape about my pointing out what you did wrong, even though I did provide the solution as well, or you could consider that maybe you could look first and ask questions later, if and only if you don't find what you need. If you choose to shoot the messenger and ignore the message then you're missing out on an opportunity to make yourself a better developer. That's the actual point, isn't it?

Back