Question Show Child Toolstrip in Parent

dfenton21

Programming Experience
Beginner
Is is possible to have a child's toolstrip directly underneath the parent's toolstrip.
When the child is maximised, the parent's toolstrip is seperated from the child toolstrip by a dark gray line (the boundry of the mdi form I presume). At the moment, I have all the toolstrips used by the child forms actually in the parent form, and I change their visible property depending on which form is open, but there must be a better solution.

I have a screenshot of what I mean. The right image is the result I need, i.e. the parent's toolstrip and the child's toolstrip not seperated by the dark border.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

If it is not possible to have the child's toolstrip in the parent's area, can you please suggest an alternative way of achieving the desired result. I use programmes at work that can do this (although I think they are written in Delphi)

Thanks for your help.

Perhaps you can consider merging the toolstrips, merge functionality is built into the toolstrips and items, use ToolStripManager methods Merge/RevertMerge to make the transitions. ToolStripManager Class (System.Windows.Forms)
If you would have to add the toolstrip to the mdiparents controls, and back to the child forms controls again later.

Back