Question Setup a VPN Connection

loganix77

Programming Experience
3-5
I have been searching high and low and I cannot seem to find any information on how to programatically create a VPN connection. I am switching to a new VPN provider for us, a simple RAS server hosted at our corporate office. This is going to save us about 10k/year in hosted VPN service fees. The problem I'm having is that I have about 200 users that can't pour "water" out of a boot if the directions are on the heel.

What I would like to be able to to do is create a VB app that I can email to these users. They can double click the application, enter their username and password, and then the application will setup the PPTP vpn connection for them. What I'm trying to do may not be as simple as I had hoped.

I thought I would be able to Do a System.Net.(create new vpn connection) but I'm not seeing a .NET method for creating VPN accounts.

If there is not a simple way to code this just let me know. I'll bust out the construction paper and crayons so I can create directions for my users on how to setup their new VPN accounts.

Thanks!

Back