setting up a database?

Chris_Pants

Programming Experience
1-3
I have an interview tomorrow and I would like to brush up on my VB.net skills. My question is related to databases.

I am using windows 7 rc, and VS 2010.
What would be the easiest way to go about setting up a database to install on my system. I would like to be able to test a few practice programs, but I would like to include some DB elements to brush up on those also. I know how to set up tables and create the DB in any SQL so that will not be a problem.

Also once I create the DB and the tables how may I import them into VS for a VB app?

I hope this is not a repetative thread as I attemted to search for my answer before creating this thread.

Thank you in advance.

Nice going on leaving yourself a good amount of time to prepare!

Read the DW3 or DW4 links in my signature; they will contain example databases and teach you how to connect to them.. If it's still relevant given that your interview is.. er.. now?

thx

Yeah I am working with a recruiting firm that doesn't give me much notice. I'm still having trouble I have SQL 2008 express installed When I go to the installation application it asks for a location for the Installation media. I actually think that I have it fully installed. When I click to create a new DB in the VS 2010 it give me an error.

" a network-related instance specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL server. Server was not found or not accessible. Verify that it is configured to allow remote connections. (Provider: Named Pipes Provider, error 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL server."

Any help would be appreciated.

Back