Server Side Redirect to New Window?

Neal

Forum Admin
Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
Hello,

Since you cannot do a Response.Redirect/Server.Transfer to a New Window, I'm using the Javascript Window.open code to open the URL to a new window.

The problem is popup blockers, google'bars, Windows XP SP2, etc. is going to block this...

What's the best way, in server side asp.net code, to open a URL in a New window without getting blocked?

AmesVB

Programming Experience
10+
Almost all of the popup blockers are watching to see if the user initiated the new window. If there was a way to get around it all the ad guys would be doing it. The current trend for ad guys is to popup based on a mouse over event of something on the page, that way the user doesn't have to click and doesn't know where the popup came from.

Neal

Forum Admin
Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
I found an alternate method! The Janus Web GridEx is an absolutely amazing grid control for asp.net. It has a Link column that has the option of a Target! Problem solved!

AmesVB

Programming Experience
10+
Do you have any examples of where the Janus grid was used? I am interested but I don't see any live demos on their site and am too busy to install and try it. It does look like a good component.

Neal

Forum Admin
Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
View the forums on their web site, they use it!!! It's fascinating! I absolutely love this web grid! It's clearly the best out there! I have just about all of them!

Top Bottom