Sending email automatically?

mythinky

Programming Experience
1-3
Helo, guys, how to send email automatically every day to user? I already know how to send email, but i can't automate it... How can I send an automate email? Please help....

You would probably need to have a service on the server that manages this, or if a highly active web site, you could put code in session start events to trigger actions for your site.

If your webhosting doesn't allow you to run a service you could try writing a CHRON (i believe it's called) in PHP which fires the page daily. PHP has a schedulling mechanisme built in this is what is missing with asp.net

neal007 said:
You would probably need to have a service on the server that manages this, or if a highly active web site, you could put code in session start events to trigger actions for your site.

Thanks for your reply.
I have some question that come to my mind when i read your reply...
1. What do you mean by highly active web site? Is it available for 24 hours or is always accessed by the user? In this case, where is session start located?

2. How can I have a service on the server? What services do I need to have? Please provide the code if available or a hyperlink....

Back