Send data from vb.Net App to ASP.Net page...

lidds

Programming Experience
Beginner
What I want to do is send data from my VB.Net application to a ASP.Net webpage so that this data send can we written to a database which would be handled by the ASP.Net. The reason why I want to do this is because one of my clients has asked for statistics on how many people are using my software, what projects, machine name etc etc. So what I propose to do is when a user logs into my application send this data to an ASP.Net webpage that is located on a central server and this ASP.Net page will then take the data sent an write it to a database.

I have created the ASP.Net webpage called PostUsage.aspx and tested that this can be displayed, which is can. However I have a couple of questions that I need some help with:

1. How can I send data from my VB.Net application to the PostUsage.aspx page?
2. How can I then get/extract the data send to the PostUsage.aspx page, this is now at the PostUsage.aspx page side of things?

Any help, links, examples would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Simon

The first thing to do is build the web page. It should display a form that you can enter data into and then submit a post back to the server. Once that's working, you can then use the HttpWebRequest class to perform the equivalent post from your VB application code.

Back