Scrolling Spline Chart help

ejleiss

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could point me to a good tutorial or example showing a scrolling / moving spline chart. I have data points that are plotting to a spline chart, but i would like to just plot about 200 points on the chart at all times. I would like the old data to be removed from the left side as the new data is coming in from the right. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,
Hi,
In order to achieve this the chart you go for should have a data storage that can automatically shift data when it exceeds certain amount. For example I could recommend the third party control I'm using in my projects and I'm familiar with as with it you can easily accomplish this requirement. The chart supports zooming and scrolling, also cyclic data storage - that is the data can be fed in such a way that it never exceeds a certain predefined number of data points. To get a better understanding I am suggesting you download the trial version of their chart for .NET it comes with many examples. They also provide a community edition of the chart, but I'm not really sure if it can cover the features you are looking for.

Hope this helps you!
Regards,
Mich!

Back