save and retrieve checked items on a ckeck box control ?

PRAISE PHS

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi All,
Please help me out on this...
In my windows app., I have ten ckeckboxes with various item names written beside each of them. I want it that when a machine is brought for repairs, I check through the components of the machine to know which components are working and those that are not working. When doing this, I mark or check the names of the components working on the machine on the checkbox control. Then I should be able to save the checked list box items with the serial no of the machine( Note: the serial no is in a text box or combo box). Also, I want to be able to retrieve the checked items with the help of the machine's serial no from my database for reference purposes. And finally, I want to be able to display the checked box items on a list box. Thanks for your anticipated response.

Your post is rather ambiguous so let's start by clarifying what control(s) you're working with. Is it a single CheckedListBox or is it multiple discrete CheckBox controls?

Your post is rather ambiguous so let's start by clarifying what control(s) you're working with. Is it a single CheckedListBox or is it multiple discrete CheckBox controls?
Thanks Jim for the reply. It's multiple discrete checkBox. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

Jim, I've resulted to use a checkedListBox control to display the items since it will display check boxes for each items on it. Pls, how do I save which ever items that are checked to my database. My challenge is saving checked items on the CheckedListBox in my DB. Pls, you can also suggest an easier way of doing this Pls. Thanks.

Back