Running my app with system set large font size

zekeman

Programming Experience
10+
My main form has a problem with its menu display if the system font size
is increased. ie <control-panel> , <display> , <appearance tab>, <font size>.

I know that some people like or need the large font size but I will try later.

Question:

How can I force the font size in my program menustrip to stay the same?

You shouldn't. If I tell my system to do something and some software does something else, can you guess where that software ends up? Plus, the appearance of the menu is normally handled by Windows. In that case it will handle the increased font size automatically. If you've created your own custom renderer then the appropriate course of action would to write it correctly to handle the different font. If the user has selected large fonts they have done so for a reason. If your software goes against those wishes the it is, in my opinion, badly written software.

jmccilhinney..

Thanks for your ideas and I agree with you that right now my program is badly written. I would also like to show you a screen capture that I did of a capture of my start menu while I had the system font size increased to the max. The capture shows that even microsoft foundation classes can't handle the largest font. I won't post it because I'm sure you've seen instances of it yourself.

You and John have provided me help many times and I hope you will continue. I really, really, appreciate your help and can honestly say that I would most surely still be stuck on things way back ago if not for this forum.

Many Thanks to you all.

Back