RPG Game

Cabose

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi,
I was wanting to make a RPG Game, and was wanting to know if anyone had like a sample game or could make me a sample game so i could figure out how to start it out. I was wanting to make like a 2d rpg that you use the keyboard with to move and enteract with stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Cabose

An rpg game in vb.net would require a lot of code, though it would not be very difficult for a simple rpg. Expecting anyone to create a sample game to help you is a little much. However, a place to start would be learning about the keypress event, including keycodes or keychars. Then create an if statement that does what you want it to. For example, if user presses left arrow move character left, if user presses enter open menu, etc. As far as interaction between the character and NPC's, make the NPC's a picturebox and create an if statement on keypress. For example, if user presses z and character is beside NPC, then display text.
I haven't given you any actual code because, well, I'm lazy, and It's always better to figure things out on your own. Good luck.

Back