Resizable MDI form without title bar

RK62

Programming Experience
3-5
I try to create a MDI child form that should be resizable but it should not have a title bar visible. Is it possible?

Or is there a better method to display child windows within a main form than displaying other forms. In this case the panel would be visually better than the form but the panel cannot be set to act as a child like a form.

Exactly what functionality do you want that an MDI child appears to provide that a Panel doesn't? If we know what you're trying to achieve then then we can recommend the best way to achieve it.

If you with a form with sizable borderstyle clear Text property and set ControlBox to False you will have a form with no title bar that is still sizable.

Thank you. I actually realized it myself as well that clearing the text property is the trick.

I need the following functionality from MDI child:
-resizable
-movable (user should be able to position the child anywhere within the main form)
-not movable outside main form area
-docking possibility good but not a necessity in this case
-option to hide title bar
-should be able to contain other controls (like datagrid, charts etc.)

I have a main form which acts as a working area for the user. The user can open and position several various "screens" (or child windows) to see/modify data (grids, charts etc).
I have managed to get the child forms working ok like that but I don't know if there is any performance penalty when using forms rather than panels for example. The amount of child forms within the project the user can open is something like 50-100 (not open at the same time of course, but some 3-4 window open typically at the same time). Typically, a specific child form is performing only simple tasks, like showing a chart.

Back