Question Reflection Error Loading Assembly

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi all!

i am writing a simple games client using an XNA 2.0 engine to play games. The games are written in dll files and the client uses the assembly.loadfrom method to read and execute the games accordingly...

Now this all works fine on my computer and my laptop. However when i give it to my friend he gets this error and the dll doesnt load - "Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the loader exceptions property for more information"

Now to me this seems like the dll is referencing another assembly (probably the Xna engine i wrote) but either can't find it, or can't load it :mad: I have made sure all my dll's are included with the distribution of the main client, and they are all getting copied to the install directory

My friend has .net 3.5 and also Xna redistributable 2.0 - any ideas what i can do to solve this??? :confused:

Thanks heaps
Rob

*MORE INFORMATION*

i looked through the error list and at the loaded assemblies, and the only one that isnt loaded is Microsoft.Xna.Framework- and yet Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game is loaded - but he has the XNA redistributable installed and BOTH dlls are in the windows/assembly folder....

:confused::confused:

Last edited:
Is there no way that you can create an installer project? (I'm not familiar with XNA specifically)

That would detect all the dependencies and ensure that when it installed everything ended up in the right place and would probably solve your problem

Back