Question -RamDrive; How to program a RamDrive driver from scratch?

ucm

Programming Experience
10+
Hi everyone;

I hope you can help me :(

I have spent the last 4 days searching and searching the web for some kind of tutorial or reference to a particular book I could go and read on the subject of:

Creating a RamDrive program from scratch

but with no luck :(

I need to use Visual Basic to create a RamDrive driver so that I could incorporate it into some of my programs I am devleoping in order to save my hard drives ;)

Basicaly I don't know c++ nor c# and my vb skills are a little rusty...

Any help or links ( preferably to somewhere on msdn that google couldn't find for me ) would be greaaaatly appreciated :)

Edit: Basically I am writing several programs that do a lot of tasks which require file access. with tens of thousands of tasks going on and on all the time; my poor Hard Drives would wareout in no time...

I would like to be able to create a RamDrive so that all of these programs can use a regular file system to access the files being created and modified vs breaking down my hard drive and I need far more than just 32MB of ram and would prefer a fat32 or ntfs file system...

Again; I am only asking for some pointers in the right direction to a tutorial or walk through that I could go through and program it myself. Although ANY help would be most grateful :)

Back