Question Question on Reading Material

Filledvoid

Programming Experience
Beginner
I've been playing around with Visual Stuido and I'm having a ton of fun using Visual Basic.NET . I would like to know if it would be possible for any one to recommend me some reading material I could use to better my skills at using Visual Studio (Yes I would like to try VB and VC# if its some thing a beginner programmer like me can learn). I've been checking some resources on the web and found there's so many books to choose from D: . Also I noticed that Microsoft offers some courses for various "Certifications " . Are these suitable for a beginner like me.

Hi it's just my opinion as I am fairly new as well but I did find the Microsoft video courses very helpful. I am sure there are others but they are very well structured and I learned alot. In the end you have to just keep trying (practice makes perfect) and do an online search for an error message you get that you are unfamiliar with. In the vast majority of cases this worked for me. It also helps if you have a specific project to work on because it keeps the motivation going.

Good luck :)

Hi it's just my opinion as I am fairly new as well but I did find the Microsoft video courses very helpful. I am sure there are others but they are very well structured and I learned alot. In the end you have to just keep trying (practice makes perfect) and do an online search for an error message you get that you are unfamiliar with. In the vast majority of cases this worked for me. It also helps if you have a specific project to work on because it keeps the motivation going.

Good luck :)

Thanks I'll take a look at these courses and see if they help me :) . So far I've been following the method of trial and error and it seems to work fine . Although I feel like I'm learning stuff out of order.

Yep trial and error works great. Also don't worry about doing things in order. Explore what you are interested in. When you find a need for a function or tool...that is the time to find one and figure what works for you. Trying to learn something before you know how to use it is more challenging in my experience.

Back