Question about TCP stuff.

jdhalfrack

Programming Experience
1-3
This is my first post on this site, so please don't yell at me if this is in the wrong forum. :eek: So, real quick, a little about myself (If you prefer to jump straight to my question scroll down...):

I am 28 years old and have been a teacher for 5 years. I have been programing for about 2 1/2 - 3 years now, and I have taught myself everything I know (with the help of sites like this and others). It started out as just some experimental things involving editing emulator games. Then it progressed into bigger projects like writing small applications for myself to use at school. As of late, I have been working with some people over at football-freaks.com to mod Madden '08 into a Madden '09 (because EA isn't releasing one for the computer). And I am also working on an attendance program for my school (if I can learn more about actual server/client programming). This leads me to my question, actually...

QUESTION STARTS HERE! ;)

All of that is all fine and good, but I also have been working on a project of my own that started back 2 years ago with visual basic 6.0 and now I have completely upgraded into visual basic 9.0. The only issue is that part of the program gives me the local ip address, local port, remote ip address and remote port for everything that has that sort of connection to me at any given time (whether it be via internet, hosting a game, etc...). What I can't figure out is how to create a line(s) of code to disconnect certain connections.

For example, let's say this is all in a list. One of the things in the list has these values:
Local Address: 192.168.0.100
Local Port: 6112
Remote Address: 123.45.678.90
Remote Port: 12345

I want to "disconnect" that particular connection. I figured that knowing that information should be good enough using things like sockets (maybe..) and stuff. The problem is that I have very little expertise using sockets. In visual basic 6, I just "stole" the code from some site online and it worked fine. In VB9, however, I have figured it out most of it on my own, and would like guidance for this last little part.

Any help/guidance/direction to other sites that might help is GREATLY appreciated!

JD

Back