qry in sharing my project over LAN

srivalli

Programming Experience
Beginner
i did a project in asp.net and in my system
now i want to keep that project in the server and i want to browse that project in all the other system connected in the LAN
i just want to know the procedure
thanks

hello
thanks for ur reply
actually in vb.net, after deploying ,we can install that setup in our system for testing .
right !

but in asp.net , can we test "websetup" in the local system in which the application was developed.

because when i am trying to install websetup,it is installed succesfully,but i dont know where to view it

when i am trying to open in virtual directory ,the project is not opened

can i know the solution.

go to IIS and find that virtual directory, right-click properties and in the application settings click Create button to create application on that directory.Then you can browse it.

i hope i understud your problem

can u be a bit clear
can i install my web setup in my local system and test it in my system
let me know
thks for ur reply
ManicCW said:
go to IIS and find that virtual directory, right-click properties and in the application settings click Create button to create application on that directory.Then you can browse it.

i hope i understud your problem

in iis ,in my VD ,if i right click propeties
i am unable to find application settings
can i get any clue.
thks

ManicCW said:
sure you can install it you just need to tell IIS where is it by creating application on that virtual directory.

Back