Question put a 'Product Key' into my program?

Liam Stuart

Millport, Argyll And Bute, United Kingdom, United
Programming Experience
3-5
Sorry If this is the wrong section.

Okay so I'm currenty designing my website. Welcome

Now, It does not use Databases for the member system as I do not know how to do it, So Instead of that I decided to start programming again and I could use it for my programs. You can send other users messages ect ect and you can also download any of my programs if you wish. But anyways to the real point of this.

I want to put a 'Product Key' into my program. It's for Visual Basic 2008, I'm not sure if you are able to do it in this 'Version' But I'm willing to spill out and buy a knew one if I have to.

The program is 'http://www.pandasocial.co.cc/download/files/MultiProgram_3.1.rar'

Username: PandaSocial
Password: PandaSocial

I want to make it so I can give out the keys for free. But I wish to put it in so when someone downloads it they get the key/they have to email me to get the key to use it.

They have a 5Day free trial of the program and if they like it or use it enough they can then get the key(s) emailed to them.

If you can help me with this I would appreacte it highly.

Last edited:
Suffice it to say that anything you rig yourself is going to be so full of holes as to be almost useless. If you really want to make use of license keys then you should buy a proper licensing component, which will have had many man hours spent on it by people far more experienced than you to find and plug those holes, and even then it won't be uncrackable if someone is determined enough. Tools like Quick License Manager and Infralution Licensing System are relatively cheap, easy to use and effective.

Suffice it to say that anything you rig yourself is going to be so full of holes as to be almost useless. If you really want to make use of license keys then you should buy a proper licensing component, which will have had many man hours spent on it by people far more experienced than you to find and plug those holes, and even then it won't be uncrackable if someone is determined enough. Tools like Quick License Manager and Infralution Licensing System are relatively cheap, easy to use and effective.

As I am only 14-15 I actually can't afford that kind of 'stuff' so thats why I was wondering if anyone could help me. Thank you for your help though, Is there no chance of finding one somewhere for free?

Is there no chance of finding one somewhere for free?

Very little I'm afraid. As I said, it would take a fair bit of work to make it secure so it's unlikely anyone is going to do that much work and not charge for it unless it's open source, and open source security software would be useless.

Back