project to store html docs

groadsvb

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am very new to .net programming. I have been given the directive to create a project in the vb.net solution where we will put html documents that holds the documentation. The post build will move them to there home so they can be used with the application. I asked what project type I should use but could not get a good answer other than "see if you can find a documentation template" on the internet. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Hopefully on or way to an answer

What does your program do exactly. Does it create the HTML files? Does it download them from the web? Or does it copy them from one location on your computer to another? And how is it determined what HTML files to copy?

I think it is much more basic than that. From the sound of things he has been asked to create a new project using the "ASP.Net Web Application" Template.

Our application is vb.net. Our documentation has been written and converted to html files by doctohelp. I was told to put the html files in a project so that it will be moved to a folder with the compiled code during a post compile process. I am using the system.diagnostics.process.start to open the proper html when they click on the help button. Hope that makes since. Thanks.

Back