programmer (?) cars :)

Sheepings

Senior Programmer
Programming Experience
10+
My mother always said; you can tell the type of person somebody is from the car they drive.

What do you drive John?

I had you down for a landrover type of guy.

/off topic/ Currently it is an Audi A3, practical for all my purposes.

Audi's are one of my favourite cars. (if you tune them up) - Is it the 2013 model, sports version?

Beautiful cars none the less

split thread

It's a 2011 phantom black sportback S-line quattro with a TDI that feels more powerful than an old GTI... I get around :)

Yes, it looks like that, no particular extras besides s-line as I know of, mine has dotted upper front leds (as seen here
audi-led.png
) and rear leds as well (
audi-led2.png
or similar), which still looks modern.

By the sounds of it, you've no desire the add any extras either. (n)

Most of what you mentioned for the A4 is included in s-line I think, also including sporty bumpers and side skirts, leather sport seats, and a lowered and stiffer suspension, but excluding neon lights and high rise spoiler - that I'm far too old for anyway. Norway also has strict rules for car lights that prohibits using such neons unless parked.

I doubt they'd sell them with the dump valves already on the car, at the dealers. This is an Audi with a dump valve

All the other parts, such as high rise spoiler, alloys, skirts, and bucket seats will likely come with the car, but you won't get one being sold with the air ducts replaced with dump valves or a whistler on the exhaust. Exhaust whistler are only about 5 euro and I am not sure how much it would cost to buy dump valves. But you can install them yourself. There are videos on youtube for howtos. Btw, I am not a young lad either, lol I've got the grey hair to prove it. haha - I just like sporty cars.

The good thing about having a car with such extras, is that it makes people look at the car, whether you're young or old, everyone appreciates a souped up car. :p

Thought with you being in Norway also, that you might have had a jeep. Which part of Norway are you in John?

Last edited:
I had no idea what dump valves was.

We do have roads! South-western part, the milder climate area of Norway, if one can call it that :) We don't see much snow unless we drive a couple of hours to the mountains during winter. The quattro drive is very nice when there is snow though.

Ironic you mentioned the quattro drive. I was only looking at how well Audi handle in the snow, and I was rather surprised by the video I found.

You can almost get a sense of how it would feel if you were driving it.

We do have roads!
No kidding :eek::LOL:, I'd never have guessed given Norway is probably one of the most well maintained and beautiful countries of Northern Europe. You're very lucky living there, and I should know, I have many friends in Norway, in both northern and southern regions.

But regarding the upgrades, consider getting yourself dump valves, as I am rather surprised your car being TDI; it didn't come with them, then again, you likely bought it from a car dealer, so why would it. Worth reading - Blow off valves, dump valves and screamer pipes, and you can actually pick them up for about $200. A worthy investment! Blow Off Valve and Kit for Audi, VW, SEAT, and Skoda

Last edited:
According to an article I read, the replacement part they provide from the dealership (the non noisy compression valve), your car has one, but they don't work quite the same way. The compressed air is actually released into the air ducts but you'll find yourself replacing them after 7 or 8 years, as it actually builds up pressure on the bearings. (I didn't know that, but I learned something new.) Dump valves are cheaper, I suppose the reason they likely don't come with the blow off types is because the manufacturer want you to buy their version; the non blow off types, probably because they're more expensive? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back