Program Ideas?

jadez03

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi, i'm a student in Anchorage, Alaska, and i'm in a VB.NET Programming class. I've been asked to create a final project, and i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of what i should program. I'm not asking anyone to do it for me :) i'm just unsure of what i should do.

For my last project i did an encryption program encorperating the RSA, Rijandel, and my own algorithms. This was a fun project, and i am looking forward to being challenged on something else.

So...in conclusion...what should a beginner/intermediate programmer do in VB.NET that would be a good project?

Thanks alot everyone! :)

make a BlackJack/21 game that isnt overloaded with special features and crap (or spyware either like all those others)

but a 21 game would be kinda fun to make since it's for a final project

thanks

thanks man, that sounds good.

i could incorperate animation, arrays, and saving/loading games in my 21 app, allowing me to prove i learned it! ^_^

...any other ideas?

thx!

-jadez03

Yeah... I'd skip the animation and saving/loading games. Try a more complex game like poker, or if you do implement blackjack make sure you incorporate all the possible moves players can make (i.e. Double down, insurance, etc). Also, you could pay notice to positions like floaters or starters (or whatever they call people who play in the first position). Something like that...

A pacman-ripoff might also be fun! =o)

M. Cold

i'm currently making a nibbles clone myself mostly out of bordom and i miss that classic qbasic game

Back