Question Program Crashes Yet No Error Message

duckhouse

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hey Forum

I am using VB.NET Framework 3.5 . I have a very complicated program with over 40 forms and 100s of lines of coding. Earlier today, this program worked perfectly. I decided to change the Assembly Name from APA to Salamander. I do not get any errors and things seem to be going fine. Upon the next debug, the splash screen loads fine. (I am using a timer to proceed to the main form, not the inbuilt splash screen setting as I found it to be more reliable). However, when the main form loads, none of the pictures (resources) load and it exits itself immediately yet no errors appear at all. I think it might be to do with the .resources file but I really don't know. As I only started Visual Basic less than two months ago I'm not sure what all the files other than .vb files actually are.

I really don't want to have to completely rebuild the program as my release date is in five days and as I am still at school I don't have time to complete it on top of homework. I have tried changing the assembly name back to APA again but it still does not work. I am completely stumped.

In case it helps, you can download the project file (please do not say it is your own and publish it on the net) here - Warning! | There might be a problem with the requested link (Filefront) or here - APA Frame 3.5.zip (Mediafire)

Any Help would be greatly appreciated !

Back