program crash and/or hang .net related

aussie11

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi to all
Very sorry about the long post.
I have a problem which I have spent 10 solid days trying to fix to no avail. The fact that I don’t really know much about computers wouldn’t help the situation, but I will try and describe what has happened as thoroughly as possible.
10 days ago I installed a sony vegas product thinking it would be like any other, I install, it would work. That didn’t happen, so I uninstalled and tried again. Again I got the same error- from the sony vegas error dialogue box:

problem: Unmanaged exception 0x00000fd
fault module: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.5072\mscorwks.dll
fault address: 0x7A17C842
fault offset: 0x0030C842
Process path C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas 9.0\vegas90.exe
Process image date: 16th April 2009
extra information
File:
C:\Documents and Settings\Deb\Local Settings\ApplicationData\Sony\Vegas Pro\9\dx_video_grovel_x86.log
\dx_grovel_x86.log
\vst_grovel.log

Sony Vegas Pro requires .net framework 3.0 and the program itself installs Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 and 2008 and Windows Media Runtime Format and well as some type of Media User Mode Framework program (it is not installed at the moment and I can't rememberthe exact name)

After days and days of searching the net and uninstalling and reinstalling,and searching every one of the items in the above message and trying lots of different things mentioned in forums and blogs, I found a forum post that mentioned an event viewer in Windows- Application error logs to I took a look what was there. I found these entries and others like it.

1.WMI ADAP was unable to create the object Win32 PerfRawData_ASPNET_2050727_ASPNET Appsv2050727 for performance
library ASP.NET_2.0.50727 because error 0x80041001 was returned

2. WMI ADAP was unable to load the ASP.NET performance library because it returned invalid data: 0x0

. configuration section system.serialization does not exist in c:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine config

I then spent several days uninstalling, reinstalling, completely removing etc, all of the .net framework versions that I must have got through windows update. I had to use the Stebner tool the first time around but after that the programs were able to be removed through control panel>add remove. I downloaded .net framework 3.5 (on dial up, mind you)I still got many similar error and warning messages, so I downloaded each version and it's service pack seperately and installed them. This stopped the first 2 messages mentioned above, but not the third, and there are many variations of this message in event viewer, but I did not post them all. I read somewhere to download and run exctrlst.exe and uncheck all of the performance counters as the may be blocking something, so I did but that did not work. By the way, I do not know what any of this means , I just followed the instructions of someone who was also get the same messages.

After installation, when I try to open the program it has it's own progress bar that tells you what the program is doing behind the scenes to initialize it. It always stop at the 'initializing .net framework' message. The program either hangs there indefinitely or just disappears.

I do not know if this is relevant, but Sony vegas pro uses .net framework 3.0, and even though sony vegas has been completely removed
( all folders have been deleted, all registry keys have been deleted and CCleaner was run to remove any leftover parts of sony vegas)
the event viewer shows these messages after installing .net framework 2.0:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: .NET Runtime Optimization Service
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1100
Description:
.NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32) - Began compiling: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 9.0\AjaVideoProperties.dll

Event Type: Error
Event ID: 1101
Description:
.NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32) - Failed to compile: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 9.0\AjaVideoProperties.dll .
Error code = 0x80131047

Event Type: Information
Event ID: 1100
Description:
.NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32) - Began compiling: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 9.0\ControlLibrary.dll

Event Type: Error
Event ID: 1101
Description:
.NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32) - Failed to compile: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 9.0\ControlLibrary.dll .
Error code = 0x80131047

Do these references to sony vegas mean that there are still remnants left and maybe causing the problem, because sony vegas uses.net framework 3.0 and not 2.0? There are no message like this after installing .net framework 3.0.

I have tried to find a Dr Watson log and the only one I could find, if I did it correctly, was blank.

Sorry if this is all one big mess but I don't know where to look to find any logs to help diagnose the problem.
Can anyone lease help, this is driving me crazy, I don't know that much, but I can follow instructions.

Regards
Deb

This is something you should take to a Sony/Vegas support/forum. Though, if you tell anyone you've manually removed files/folders or registry keys you're most likely told to reinstall Windows. The purpose of this VB.Net forum is to discuss the .Net libraries from a developer perspective. The only thing relevant for your questions here is I can tell you .Net 3.0 is add-on libraries to .Net 2.0, assemblies targeting either version both compiles with the CLR 2.0 engine.

Thank you for your reply
The instructions to remove folders and registry keys actually came from sony, it is the only way to do a clean reinstall. I am becoming aware that this is not the correct place for this as someone has ripped my head off at another forum of this type. I can only say that I am not computer savvy, and a couple of forums came up in google when I was searching so I posted to them because they have the word .NET in them, as have no idea what any of it means.

Thank you for your time anyway.
aussie

Back