Problem with Crystal Reports and Click Once Deployment

Caraldur

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello everyone,

I have written an application using VS 2008 Visual Basic, that uses a couple of Crystal Reports and I'm having issue with the reports not being found when the app is deployed. When I create an msi file using the setup project the application works as intended, but when I publish the main application using a network shared folder the application install properly. My problem is that when I try to open a report I get an error that the file is not found.

My guess is the reports are not getting installed with the program and I have no idea how to do that. If someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. The error message is below.

Thanks in advance for the help.

VB.NET:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
CrystalDecisions.Shared.CrystalReportsException: Load report failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): The system cannot find the path specified.   at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)
   at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)
   at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()
   at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob)
   at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename)
   at SteinmetzInventoryManagement.frmShippedSortPart.loadReport()
   at SteinmetzInventoryManagement.frmShippedSortPart.btnFetch_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Caraldur

Programming Experience
Beginner
I've never seen any publishing options that should the include files. Unless you are talking about the Project properties-> publish tab there is an options button there but that doesn't show the included files.

I did add a reference path to the folder containing the reports but that didn't seem to work. I also can't find the install path for the application.

Caraldur

Programming Experience
Beginner
lol, I have clicked that button and I have seen the list of files included but there is no way to add more files to the list that I can seen. Can you tell me how to get files added to that list. I have tried adding resources using the resource tab but that isn't working either.

Caraldur

Programming Experience
Beginner
I figured it out. I had to set each report's properties: Build action to Content and Copy to Output directory to Copy Always. Your sarcasm pointed me in the right direction, Jim. :) Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

-Car

Top Bottom