Problem Connecting to dB

Bill Humphrey

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi

I am trying to connect to an SQL 2005 dB from a visula studio 2005 asp application. I'm using a connection string but I keep hetting an error:

I have checked the password passed in the string and it is the same as the pasword in the security login

Server Error in '/PoliciesProcedures' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Login failed for user 'PoliciesProceduresUser'. Reason: The password of the account must be changed.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'PoliciesProceduresUser'. Reason: The password of the account must be changed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException: Login failed for user 'PoliciesProceduresUser'. Reason: The password of the account must be changed.]
Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.LateGet(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack) +899
PoliciesProceduresPresentation.NEASLoginSecure.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2379; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2379

Password policy is enforced on this account. When it was created the must_change option was selected ensuring that you change the password on first use.

VB.NET:
ALTER LOGIN PoliciesProceduresUser WITH PASSWORD='YourPassword'

Back