Printing with S500 Barcode Printer

jango_fett

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hey, guys. I hope you can give me a few hints on this one. I need to print a number of text lines with a Zebra Stripe 500 barcode printer. I use the PrintDocument class in order to send the content of 6 TextBox controls as output. But somehow the S500 printer ignores my label size settings on the PageSetup and Print dialogs and it prints only 2 of the 6 intended lines. A label size of 4" width by 3" height should suffice with a regular Arial font size 8.
I even tried printing from Word, Notepad and other Windows apps, but the result is the same. It will just print 2 lines. Any ideas as to why this could be? The printer is serial port and I have the Zebra driver installed. My computer runs on Windows XP SP2. My .NET Framework version is 1.1.
Clearly I am missing something here. I need a push in the right direction. I would very much appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks in advance!

My zebra printer is very fickle also. I seem to remember having it set as the default printer in order for it to work correctly. Try setting it as the default printer on the computer and then run your app. I have never found a fix for it either, but this might get you printing...

Back