Print Preview Issues

Reyn

Programming Experience
1-3
I am currently working on a text editor, and I seem to have an issue with the print preview control.

When I first run the program and then click on File -> Print Preview the dialog comes up fine. If I try to do so again an error comes up telling me that I cannot access a disposed object (the print preview dialog). However I am unaware of ever telling the program to dispose of it.

And It does not matter if I enter text into the text box, and when I do it, it still comes up with the error upon the second attempt at viewing the print preview.

I copied the code for this right out of a program I made to learn to print. Between that program and the one I am working on only the names of controls differs.

here is the code for the print preview control
VB.NET:
        Try
            dlgPrintPreview.Show()
        Catch ex As Exception
            MessageBox.Show("An error has occured whil trying to show the print preview." & vbNewLine & _
                            "Detials: " & ex.Message, "SimpEdit Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error)
        End Try

Last edited:
Are you using the default form instance, or simply not telling us you declared a variable and created an instance yourself? In the latter case the form is disposed when closed, an dyou have to create a new form instance. Better use the default form instance if you don't need multiple instance showing at the same time.

Back