picturebox Big Red Cross

Zexor

Programming Experience
3-5
sometime my picturebox will have a big red cross on it and some errors follow it. What can cause the red cross? And how do i tell that it appeared? The .image isnot nothing when it appear and .imagelocation is also there. How do i fix it?
Usually when the box cant load. only a small red x is there and thats not a problem. The big red one get all sort of problem.

well i forgot what they are and need to wait to see them again. Sometime its parameter not valid, i think thats just not being able to access info on the image. The other one has a long list, something about the animator lots of drawing and animate and get dimension. I need to wait for it to popup again to see. And i thought there would be a general reason why that Big red cross appear instead of the little one.

Last edited:
The big red cross is the same red cross as the little red cross but it is not being displayed correctly because an exception is being thrown before the appropriate code to draw it correctly is executed.

is there anyway to fix that picturebox after the big red appeared? cause it doesnt want to load images again. Also is there any code that you can detect if a picturebox has a big red cross?

The error is Parameter is not valid. it started from picturebox.loadAsync, picturebox.installnewimage, picturebox.animate, imageanimator.animate, imageanimator.imageinfo, imageanimator.cananimate, image.get_FrameDimensionsList. I think its all started when the image's parameters become invalid and it wont loadAsync. Once the red cross appear, i cant do anything to it except restart.

I don't know what to show you. I don't know what cause the Red X. I just know that when the Picturebox.image. parameters all become not valid. The error occur. When the Red X appear, it invalid all the image's parameters and i cant load new images. All i am asking is if there is code to detect when a parameter is invalid. If picturebox.image.parameter isnot valid then... And how to fix a picture box after the Red X appear.
I think it only happen after some picturebox were disposed. But somehow it effect new picturebox that get created afterward.

Last edited:
Back