passing sp - parameters in subreports

cjaymcmeans

Programming Experience
3-5
im using db2 stored procedure in my report.
i also have a subreport which uses a stored procedure both SP's have parameters.. i can't seem to pass the parameters from .net to the subreport..

i cant link the sub report because it doesnt have the fields that i can equate with the parameters. i just used the paramaters to get the data i need..

i couldnt make a selection formula because i kinda made an inner select statement in my SP's sql...

basically its more of passing no linking.. the only link between the main report and the sub is the grouping i made to organize the data in the sub.

i hope you guys can help me out....
thanks...

im using db2 stored procedure in my report.
i also have a subreport which uses a stored procedure both SP's have parameters.. i can't seem to pass the parameters from .net to the subreport..

i cant link the sub report because it doesnt have the fields that i can equate with the parameters. i just used the paramaters to get the data i need..

i couldnt make a selection formula because i kinda made an inner select statement in my SP's sql...

basically its more of passing no linking.. the only link between the main report and the sub is the grouping i made to organize the data in the sub.

i hope you guys can help me out....
thanks...

I think you need the common parameters between your Main report and sub report.

nope... been there done that...
i even made my parameters name the same..
doesnt help..

no link can be established except for the ordering.. since the sub report resides in the detail section...
i use the sub to itemize the summary i made in the main report...
so basically the link could only help as far as grouping is concerned...
some one told me u have to add extra codes in .net...
thats wat im trying to find out now...

if you have any more ideas please dont hesitate to post em.. it might help...
thanks

Back