Partially Trusted Callers

dougan778

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am developing an application for my work that involves connecting to a remote MySQL database. I am using a .dll library distributed by MySQL called CONNECTOR/NET to connect to the database.

The program will be run by many different people and will probably involve multiple updates in the near future. Because of this, it's easier to have the program located on a remote drive that's mapped to all of the users' computers. The problem is that .NET doesn't seem to like this CONNECTOR/NET .dll when it is run from a network drive. It gives me a security exception saying that "this assembly does not allow partially trusted callers" when I try to connect to the database. Running it on the local machine works fine, however.

After a little research, it appears that the normal remedy to this problem is quite simple- just set a property to false. Unfortunately, the property has to be set IN the class itself, not the project including the .dll.

Is there anyway to get around this partially trusted callers thing from the calling side?

Thanks,
Scott

Back