Paper Size, ppi, and picture boxes.

NJDubois

Programming Experience
Beginner
I have a database full of names and address. I would like to print this data onto an Avery Label Sheet (Template 8460) which is a 3x10 sheet of labels. Each label being 1" x 2 5/8"

I am not even sure how to word my question. Not sure what I'm asking.

If I tape up the sheet to my screen, line my picturebox up and draw a rectangle of each label one at a time. The numbers don't make sense.

If the top most pixel location of the very top most label is 49. And the height of each label is 95 pixels. Than the top most location of the next label down should be 144 (49+95 = 144). When I draw to that location its correct "looking."

But when I try to add another 95 pixels my rectangle is NOT in the right spot?? The height(95) is still correct, but I have to actually add 97 to 144 to get to the right spot. This problem continues down the sheet, there are 95's, 96's 97's and even a 98.

I know that these numbers are going to be all wrong when it comes to sending this bitmap to the printer and printing it on the actual label sheet. Because the printer has a different resolution.

I'm using a bitmap so that I can share the code used to preview and actually print the data. I want this bitmap to display on my screen and print the same. Also having that print out to line up on this template. Again, all using the same code.

I have yet to program something such as this, and am not sure the direction I should take. What is the advice of the vb.net forum community? This site has always pointed me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

Nick

I'd recommend using Crystal Reports. The Mail Label Report Expert will let you select the type of Avery Sheet you're using and you're left worrying about logic rather than layout.

Back