Paid project need to done ASAP.

aXXo

Programming Experience
1-3
I've been working on a project for two weeks and stupid me didn't save. Last night because of a storm we had a power outage. Now I need your help

Please read this and it will explain what I need done.

As you can imagine, we are starting to get quite a few requests from users, for access to the IRT reports. While it is not a huge effort to update the access table, we are starting to see a number of reasons why the current arrangement is quite inefficient. Some examples are:

a) A person leaves the company and in order to remove their usercode from the access table, each report line in the access table must be manually scanned, to see if the user had permission for that report.

b) A new report is created and a new entry for it appears in the report access table. Do we wait for 25 memos to be sent in by the 25 users who will want to run the new report, or should we take a proactive approach and say "These are the people who I think should be on the access list for that report, so I will go ahead and add them."

c) Should not all of the people who work in our CST group (Customer Service Team) in Winnipeg, have access to the same set of default reports ? Or as has been the case up till now, do individuals keep sending me one report request at a time, taking up much more time and effort than it really should.

Although there are some reports where we definitely will want to keep the access list limited (the BPA financials), I don't see why the reports in most of the IRT Menu groups could not be assigned, based on the person's role or group. So I was thinking that we could develop a fairly simple MS Access database to help manage the access list. John suggested we pass this by you, to see if you think this is a good idea or even if TransWorks might have some future plans to build something similar to this.

The Access database would be used to maintain the list of CPR users and the reports each person is entitled to access. The db would provide the following Main Menu functions:

- Maintain Users - Add a new User (name, usercode and user group)
After adding the new user, the "Modify a User's Report Permissions" screen would be presented.

- Delete a User
- Modify a User's Info (name, usercode or user group)

- Modify a User's Report Permissions

- Reports - List of all IRT Reports and each report's Authorized Users
- List of all Users and each user's Authorized IRT Reports
- List of one User's Authorized Reports
- List of one Report's Authorized Users
- List of all Users in each User Group
- List of all User Groups and each group's authorized Reports

- Maintain Reports - Add a new Report
- Delete a Report
- Modify a Report (name)

- Maintain User Groups - Add a new User Group
- Delete a User Group
- Modify a User Group (name)
- Modify a User Group's Authorized Reports

- Update the IRT Security Access Table

The "Modify a User's Report Permissions" menu item would first ask you to select a particular user and then it would provide the following report access options:

1. User can access ALL reports.

2. User can access the reports belonging to their User Group.
The possible user groups could be a list like this: - Assets staff member
- COG staff member
- CST staff member
- Intermodal Management member
- Terminal Management member
- Terminal non-management staff member
- M&S staff member
- YMI staff member (this is our Yield Mgmt IM group)
- etc.

3. User can access all reports in these IRT Menu Groups: - Operations reports
- Marketing reports
- Customer reports
- Miscellaneous reports
- BPA Finance reports

4. User can access these IRT reports: This would be a complete list of all of the reports (listed by group), and you could

cherry-pick the radio-buttons to select the user's permitted reports.

The "Update the IRT Security Access Table" section would create a complete, new set of records for the Access Security Table. At this point, we would need to somehow upload the new table to the System. I don't know if you would have any suggestions for how this could be automated, or if there are no automation options available at your end to facilitate this process.

If there are no automation options available that would let us upload the new security table to you, we would create a Windows macro using a macro scripting tool we have called AIM Tools Professional, which would take the user access text file and report-by-report grab the text line of authorized usercodes and insert them into the proper line on the Report Security screen (having deleted the old usercodes first).

Also one other thing I should be able to do when I enter user names they should automatically be placed in alphabetical order...usually the user ids are like gum1234 or kum0003 something like that i was wondering if there can be a drop down menu and we can select the report and then infront of it ..I can enter the user name and also like I canhave the option of deleting a user code from one particular report or from all the reports

Anyone that is willing to help me with the code will be paid VIA paypal. A total of 1000 dollars Canadian if the program is running and code is sent to me.. My company is also looking for programmers that work at home using VISUAL BASICS. If anyone is intrested help me out with this and send me a PM and I will give you a contact number to contact my company.

Thank you so much in advanced and anyone willing to help will be referred to my boss.

Hi Dear,I am from India; I have 4 year experience on ASP .NET , C#. I want to work on contract bases / virtual team member / work from home. I am very interested to open a discussion with you and willing to work with you guys virtually (from home). Look forward to the possibilities of a positive long-term business relationship. I hope that location will not be an issue. As per timing concern I will available on your working hour.I can develop an application from scratch independently or nominal guidance.I have already worked in environment as you mention. can join you within a week after your confirmation.

gtalk: rajani.venkatesh@gmail.com

Hi Dear,I am from India; I have 4 year experience on ASP .NET , C#. I want to work on contract bases / virtual team member / work from home. I am very interested to open a discussion with you and willing to work with you guys virtually (from home). Look forward to the possibilities of a positive long-term business relationship. I hope that location will not be an issue. As per timing concern I will available on your working hour.I can develop an application from scratch independently or nominal guidance.I have already worked in environment as you mention. can join you within a week after your confirmation.

gtalk: rajani.venkatesh@gmail.com

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply back. I'm going to be speaking with my boss today but I'm wondering if you are able to build the program. I didn't really understand your post. About the location that is not a problem, half the company works from home :p

Back