Open IE without toolbar or address bar

grsmith

Programming Experience
5-10
I need to be able to launch Internet Explorer from a windows application, but so that IE does not have a title bar or address bar.

I can do this from a web page using javascript open.window, but I need to do it from within my windows application.

Apart from writing my own browser (using the IE browser control) I am completely stumped on this. I can't find anything searching the web - can anyone please help?

One way to do it, add WebBrowser control to form (visible or not), write in the Javascript window.open in a function and invoke it, code can be used from Button click event handler:
VB.NET:
WebBrowser1.Navigate("about:blank")
Dim script As String = "function test() {window.open('http://www.msn.com','_blank','toolbar=no')}"
WebBrowser1.Document.Write("<script type='text/javascript'>" & script & "</script>")
WebBrowser1.Document.InvokeScript("test")

:D

Thank you.

Thats exactly what I was after.

I've been scratching my head about this all week!

I'd love to leave you some positive feedback, but I'm new to this site and I can't work out how to - if someone lets me know how, I'll do it.

:)

I'd love to leave you some positive feedback, but I'm new to this site and I can't work out how to - if someone lets me know how, I'll do it.
Thanks, I noticed you found the thread rating and also the post reputation button, good job! :)

Back