Open/close window

yfng

Programming Experience
Beginner
In VB.NET, is there any function similar to window.open or window.close in Javascript which can open/close new windows?

Thanks.

yfng said:
In VB.NET, is there any function similar to window.open or window.close in Javascript which can open/close new windows?

Thanks.
you can open and close forms??is that what you mean?

Yes, currently I use the button.attributes.add("onclick", "javascript:window.close()") to close web forms. But the effect is not good as expected. Is there any function to close/open web forms in VB.NET?

Thanks.

yfng said:
Yes, currently I use the button.attributes.add("onclick", "javascript:window.close()") to close web forms. But the effect is not good as expected. Is there any function to close/open web forms in VB.NET?

Thanks.

wel you can make their visible property to false, and then to show them you could use the code:
Dim frmNewApp As New Form2()

frmNewApp.MdiParent =
Me

frmNewApp.Show()

and to close
me.close()

them r the only ways i know, or heres a website that mit be helpful perhaps??:
http://www.codeproject.com/vb/net/Simple_Singleton_Forms.asp

yfng is most likely asking about webForms.
As far as I know, there is no function in the .NET framework that can open and close browser windows. The reason is browser security.

Thank you very much.
^^

Paszt said:
yfng is most likely asking about webForms.
As far as I know, there is no function in the .NET framework that can open and close browser windows. The reason is browser security.

Back