ODP.Net in a Typed Dataset

adshocker

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi all,

I have been using System.Data.OracleClient for a while now. My application worked fine until things became more complicated. I recently started getting errors/unsupported features using MS OracleClient. Features such as, the OracleConnection not supporting ProxyUserId and ProxyPassword and more.

Unfortunately, MS OracleClient does not support this feature. Since it doesn't support this feature, I decided to use ODP.Net and installed the ODTwithODAC1020221. But I'm having a problem using it with a typed Dataset.

My application uses a stong typed dataset generated by using MS OracleClient. I want to generate a typed dataset based on ODP.Net but on my DataSource Configuration Wizard, I don't see Oracle Data Provider. Instead, I only see the .Net Framework Provider for Oracle.

Is there a way to use a typed dataset with ODP.Net?

Thanks.

yes, generate it with the MS generator, then manually edit it to rip out the MS Provider and use ODP.Net instead.. Its a lot of work, so you should consider whether the extra functionality is worth the effort; do you really need proxy support?

yes, generate it with the MS generator, then manually edit it to rip out the MS Provider and use ODP.Net instead.. Its a lot of work, so you should consider whether the extra functionality is worth the effort; do you really need proxy support?

it was not really my idea.

proxy support was suggested to me by a DBA in Oracle Forums for a more secured authentication and connection.

as for now the only ODP.Net property I need is the OracleConnection.OpenWithNewPassword() Method for when the user password expires.

if there's a way where i can do that with MS Provider then I would love to know how so that I won't have to go through the trouble of converting to ODP.Net.

thanks.

Back