Odd and frustrating problem.

NJDubois

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi .net community! Having an odd issue with visual studio 08 express where I add a control, run the program and the new control isn't there?

Its in visual basis, its a rather large project... I guess. I think I hit a key combination that is causing it to lock something. Because it no longer tells me there is any errors when I run it, it just runs it. I know this because in trying to solve the issue I found some lines of code I was working on when the problem first started.

I have tried to add differnt types of controls, to differnt areas on a form,an different forms as well. I have tried to create and add the control with code at run time and no luck???

What did I do?

Thanks as usual, vs.net forums has always been there for me!

Nick

Anyone? I can write code that will cause an error, get the error high light and still run the program as if everything is fine?

Please! I can't work on this project until I figure out what key combo I hit has caused this problem?

Thanks
Nick

Sounds like it's running the last known good configuration. Try deleting your bin and obj directories and doing a Build>Clean All. This should force the project to rebuild from scratch. I think there is a setting kicking around somewhere in VB that says not to run if there were build errors (like the messagebox that usually pops up if the solution failed to build) but I can't seem to find it right now.

Back