Notifications

JuggaloBrotha

VB.NET Forum Moderator
Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
It's hard to tell when there are unread PM's or other notifications, the # just blends in up at the top. I checked the forum for new posts and whatnot 3 times in the last 12 hours and have only now happened to see that I had 2 PM's today when I viewed my profile, I didn't even see that I had them up at the top.

Is there something that can be done to bring it to my attention?

I don't think it's hard to see the notifications #, the Notifications item is also highlighted when there are any, but there are two settings in General Settings you can adjust: "Email Notification of New Private Messages" and "New Private Message Notification Pop-up".

I guess I'm just so used to the old system, before it was nice cause I didn't have the popup notification yet the bolded (black on light gray) text standing out would catch my eye. Now it's small white text on a blue oval shoved up in the corner, it'd be nice if it stood out again.

I think the highlight is noticable enough, but that's my opinion. There is probably some getting used to the new styles and layout of the vBulletin version anyway.

notification0.png

notification1.png

Back