nothing happend when tring to copy folder to place when exist another with same name

tomislav91

Programming Experience
1-3
I have problem with my copying folder, where exist another with same name. Idea is to save folder and give (1) in name, like windows does.
So, if have folder name Test, it must save Test (1)...
With files everything is OK, but problem is with folders, nothing happend, no errors, no nothing...And in destination path is the same, nothing happens...Where is mistakE?
VB.NET:
 If System.IO.Directory.Exists(destinationFolderPath) Then
                Dim nextAvialableFolderPath As String = GetDestinationFolderPath(txtFolderNetworkPath.Text, System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(originalFolderPath))
                Select Case MessageBox.Show("the file already exists would you like to overwrite (click yes) or keep both (click no) to cancel operation click cancel", "Error", MessageBoxButtons.YesNoCancel)
                    Case Windows.Forms.DialogResult.Yes

If System.IO.Directory.Exists(destinationFolderPath) Then

System.IO.Directory.Delete(destinationFolderPath)
                            My.Computer.FileSystem.CopyDirectory(originalFolderPath, destinationFolderPath)
                        End If

Case Windows.Forms.DialogResult.No

My.Computer.FileSystem.CopyDirectory(originalFolderPath, nextAvialableFolderPath)

Case Windows.Forms.DialogResult.Cancel

End Select
            Else
                My.Computer.FileSystem.CopyDirectory(originalFolderPath, destinationFolderPath)
            End If

End If

and this is function
VB.NET:
 Private Function GetDestinationFolderPath(location As String, folderName As String)
        Dim counter As Integer = 0
        Dim desiredFolderPath As String = System.IO.Path.Combine(location, String.Format("{0}", folderName))

While System.IO.Directory.Exists(desiredFolderPath)
            counter += 1
            desiredFolderPath = System.IO.Path.Combine(location, String.Format("{0} ({1})", folderName, counter.ToString))
        End While
        Return desiredFolderPath
    End Function

Back