Not seeing toolbox items added to toolbox

Blake81

Programming Experience
1-3
I've had several times where I tried to add items to the toolbox while working on Windows applications and ASP pages. At first, I thought that maybe for some reason, you can't use some of the controls on ASP pages, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I tried adding one of the Shockwave controls, and it doesn't give me an error, which looks like it's going to add it, but it doesn't show up in the toolbox. I also tried to add a custom LED that someone designed for me, which I'd like to use on an ASP page. I'd also like to use a tab control on an ASP page. I've tried resetting the toolbox, but I still have this problem. Does anyone know how to fix this?

You can't use Windows.Forms controls on webpages.

What steps are you using to add these items to the Toolboc in the first place?

1. Right-click the section of the Toolbox you want the component(s) added to.
2. Select Choose Items.
3. Select the appropriate tab for .NET components, COM components, other projects in the same solution or else press the Browse button to navigate to an assembly that is not listed.
4. Check the box next to the component(s) you want to add to the Toolbox.
5. Press OK to add the item(s).

I followed these steps in VB Express by right-clicking the General section, selecting the COM tab and checking the Shockwave Flash Object and hey presto, it's in my Toolbox.

Having this same problem

Is there a fix for this? I right click and choose "Choose Items" yet they do not display in my toolbox. Any ideas?

Back